The ‘la Caixa’ Foundation is launching this post-doctoral fellowship programme aimed at recruiting excellent researchers – of any nationality – willing to pursue their STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) research career in Spain or Portugal.
Applicants must be experienced researchers with outstanding achievements in terms of originality and importance of their contributions in their scientific discipline. They must also have the leadership potential to direct their own research group.
By offering a complementary training programme, these fellowships aim to create comprehensive training that includes scientific, technical and complementary skills that will help them fulfil their potential as independent researchers in the new generation of scientific leaders.
”la Caixa” Foundation is offering 15 three-year postdoctoral fellowships to recruit experienced researchers to carry out their projects at any university or research centre in Spain or Portugal. The research must be carried out in the research areas of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM), including Bio and Health Sciences.
- The call for applications is intended for researchers who finished their doctoral degree two to seven years prior to the application deadline and also fulfil the requirements for mobility between countries.
- The choice of the host institution will not be binding during the candidate selection process. Candidates should state the host institution that they would prefer to join on their fellowship application on a provisional basis. To do this, a Declaration of Interest letter with the official institutional letterhead and signed by a representative of the host institution of preference must be attached, indicating its willingness to accept the fellow.
- A template is provided in the online application platform and on the programme’s website. This Declaration of Interest will not be binding on any of the parties. The fellow may change the preferred host institution before the start of the fellowship.
- The fellow should start work at the host institution between 2nd May and 31st December 2023.
- “la Caixa” Foundation must be notified of the fellow’s start date at the host institution prior to this date and as soon as agreement is reached.
- Candidates may freely propose a research project to be carried out at the host institution of their choice.
- The call for applications opens on the date it is published and closes on 7th October 2022, at 2 pm Spanish peninsular time (Central European Summer Time – CEST).
Full information here.
If you are interested, please send your CV (read the conditions in advance to ensure you are eligible) to the group responsible Prof. Stefano Discetti at the following email address email@example.com.