Desired background and skills
- PhD holder in Aerospace Engineering or related fields
- Independent research potential and ability to cope with innovation and interdisciplinarity.
- Teaching and international experience. Preferred target: 2-8 years of postdoc experience.
- Background complementing strengths at the UC3M Aerospace Engineering Group. Preferred targets: Flight Mechanics, Computational Aerodynamics, Air navigation, and transport, Avionics.
- Applications from women are particularly welcome to fill in the gender gap in academic positions
Teaching and Research duties
- Teaching lectures up to 72 hours/semester
- BSc, MSc, and PhD Thesis advising.
- To help consolidating and expanding the vigorous research program of the Department (aero.uc3m.es)
- To build competitive research proposals (from regional to European level) with institutions and companies
- To be productive publishing in high-ranked scientific journals
- All regular management, representation, and dissemination activities of faculty members
General contractual conditions:
- Base gross salary around 32-36 k€/year, depending on experience,
- Salary supplements awarded by UC3M based on productivity surveys.
- Standard benefits, including Health Care under the Spanish National System.
- Contract duration: 3 years, through renewable annual contracts.
- Preferred starting date: Fall 2022; in any case, before February 2023.
How to apply: Interested candidates must send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the e-mail subject the reference code (i.e., Ref. AERO-2022-07). Applications will consist of a single pdf file including:
- A motivation letter describing experience, interests, and future goals (max. 1 page)
- Curriculum Vitae (max. 6 pages)
- Highlights of 5 main research contributions (papers, projects, patents, …).
- 2 professional or academic recommendation letters (preferably from different departments)
NEW Deadline: October 2, 2022. Later applications could be considered while the selection process is open.
A Hiring Committee, appointed by the Department, will assess all applications. A small set of top candidates will be selected to video-interview them in order to rank them. All the Hiring Committee actions will fulfill UC3M’s HR Excellence Accreditation (HRS4R award) on transparency, gender equality, and equal opportunities.