Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M, www.uc3m.es) invites applications to fill Post-doctoral position ZARATHUSTRA-P2023
Description and objectives:
The selected candidate will be responsible for the development and extension of EP2 plasma simulation codes, which include fluid, kinetic, and electromagnetic codes. These tools will be used in a variety of studies to understand the physics of electrodeless plasma thrusters, and are a key element of the research group’s long-term strategic plan. Bringing new skills and capabilities to the team is highly desirable. The contract will be funded by the ERC Starting Grant project ZARATHUSTRA (Revolutionizing advanced electrodeless plasma thrusters for space transportation, https://erc-zarathustra.uc3m.es/). The candidate will join the Space Propulsion and Plasmas Team (EP2, https://ep2.uc3m.es/) at Universidad Carlos III de Madrid under the supervision of Dr. M. Merino, and collaborate closely with other researchers.
Requirements and desirable profile:
- PhD holder in Aerospace Engineering, Plasma Physics, Fluid Dynamics, Computer Science, or other relevant fields.
- Demonstrable experience on modeling, HPC, numerical analysis, postprocessing.
- Outstanding academic record; critical & creative thinking.
- International experience; team-working and communications skills.
- Good proficiency in English (oral & written).
- Ability to lead independently their own research line, and to deal proactively with scientific and engineering challenges.
What we offer:
- 2-year contract (with optional 1-year extension); annual gross salary in the 35k – 38k € range depending on experience.
- Become part of a young, dynamic, highly qualified, collaborative team.
- Flexible working environment and schedule.
- Opportunity to travel to international conferences to present research activities.
- Health coverage under the National Health System.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must send their applications via email according to the directions in the link below, and attaching in pdf format the following documents:
- A motivation letter of experience, interests, and research goals (max. 1 page).
- CV, including relevant education, experience and knowledge.
- Sample of best works by the candidate
- The contact information of up to two references (will be contacted during the hiring process).
Submissions from female candidates are particularly encouraged. Reception of applications closes by September 15, 2023. Early applications are strongly encouraged, while later applications may be considered until the vacancy is occupied. Contract will begin in October-November 2023, though an earlier/later start date might be arranged.
For more information click here.