Desired background and skills
- PhD holder in Aerospace Engineering or related fields
- Some postdoctoral and teaching experience.
- Background complementing strengths at the UC3M Aerospace Engineering Group.
- High, independent research potential.
- Critical thinking, and ability to cope with innovation and interdisciplinarity.
- International experience and mobility
Teaching duties and Research duties
- Teaching about 70 hours/semester, including lectures and BSc and MSc Theses advising.
- To help consolidate a vigorous and competitive research program in one Aerospace Engineering area.
- To build competitive proposals for research funding (from regional to European level).
- To publish regularly in high-ranked journals.
- To advise PhD Theses.
- All regular management, representation, and dissemination activities of faculty members.
General contractual conditions:
- Base gross salary around 30-35 k€/year, depending on experience.
- Salary supplements awarded by UC3M based on productivity surveys
- Standard benefits, including Health care under the Spanish National System
- Preferred contract start: Spring 2022, no later than September 2022
- Total duration: 3 years, through renewable 1-year contracts.
How to apply
Interested candidates must send their applications to email@example.com (and indicating in the e-mail subject the reference code (i.e., Ref. AERO-21-11). Applications will consist in a single pdf file including :
- A motivation letter describing experience, interests, and future goals, indicating again the reference code of the preferred position (max. 1 page)
- Curriculum Vitae (max. 6 pages)
- Highlights of the 5 main research contributions (papers, projects, patents,…).
- 2 professional or academic recommendation letters
January 15, 2022. Later applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Note: The department aims to increase the share of women in academic positions, therefore applications from women are particularly encouraged.
Appointed by the Department, will analyze the applications and video-interview the top candidates before taking a decision. Selection and renovation criteria (in Spanish) and members of the Hiring Committee will be made public in UC3M or Department webpage. All the Hiring Committee actions will fulfill UC3M’s HR Excellence Accreditation (HRS4R award) on transparency, gender equality, and equal opportunities.