The Aerospace Engineering Department of the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M), Spain (www.uc3m.es) invites applications to fill one position of Assistant Professor (Ref. AERO-23-09).
Desired background and skills:
• Field of experience: Aerospace Engineering
• PhD holder in Aerospace Engineering or related fields
• Some postdoctoral and teaching experience.
• Background complementing strengths at the UC3M Aerospace Engineering Group
• High, independent research potential.
• Critical thinking, and ability to cope with innovation and interdisciplinarity.
• Applications from women are particularly welcome to fill in the gender gap in academic positions.
• Teaching and/or coordination of subjects in the BSc/MSc degrees in Aerospace Engineering
• About 72 hours/semester, including regular courses, BSc and MSc Theses advising.
• To help consolidating a competitive research program in one area of Aerospace Engineering
• To help building competitive proposals for research funding
• To publish in high-ranked journals
• To advise PhD Theses.
• All regular management, representation, and dissemination activities of faculty members.
General contractual conditions:
• Base gross salary in the range 32-36k€/year, depending on experience and current affiliation.
• Salary supplements awarded by UC3M based on productivity surveys, starting from 3.5k€/year.
• Standard benefits, including Health care under the Spanish National System.
• Contract duration: 2 years.
• Estimated contract Start: February 2024.
How to apply: Interested candidates must send their applications to email@example.com, indicating in the e-mail subject the reference AERO-23-09.
Applications will consist in a single pdf file including
• A motivation letter describing experience, interests, and future goals (max. 1 page)
• Curriculum Vitae (max. 6 pages)
• Highlights of the 5 main research contributions (papers, projects, patents, …).
• 2 professional recommendation letters (which authors can send directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, if they prefer)
Deadline: The call will remain in principle open until October 30. Later submissions could be admitted until the selection process is completed.
The Hiring Committee, will analyze the applications and will video-interview the top candidates before taking a decision. Selection and renovation criteria (in Spanish) and members of the Hiring Committee will be made public in UC3M or Department webpage. All the Hiring Committee actions will fulfill UC3M’s HR Excellence Accreditation (HRS4R award) on transparency, gender equality, and equal opportunities.