The Aerospace Engineering Department of the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M), Spain (www.uc3m.es) invites applications to fill a position of Assistant Professor (Position with Ref. AERO-23-01).
Desired background and skills:
- Field of experience: Air Transportation, Airports, and Air Navigation.
- PhD holder in Aerospace Engineering or related fields (including, but not limited to, Transportation
Engineering, Civil Engineering, Control Engineering)
- Some postdoctoral and teaching experience.
- Background complementing strengths at the UC3M Aerospace Engineering Group (https://aero.uc3m.es/)
- High, independent research potential.
- Critical thinking, and ability to cope with innovation and interdisciplinarity.
- Applications from women are particularly welcome to fill in the gender gap in academic positions.
- Teaching and/or coordination of: Airports, Air Transport, and Air Navigation subjects in the BSc/MSc
degrees in Aerospace Engineering (https://aero.uc3m.es/teaching/)
- About 72 hours/semester, including courses and BSc and MSc Theses advising.
- To help consolidating a competitive research program in airports, air transportation engineering, and air
navigation. Interesting research areas include optimization, artificial intelligence, remote sensing, climate
change and local air quality, unmanned vehicles, noise, always with application to the aviation domain.
- To build competitive proposals for research funding (from regional to European level)
- To publish regularly in high-ranked journals
- To advise PhD Theses.
- All regular management, representation, and dissemination activities of faculty members.
General contractual conditions:
- Base gross salary around 32-36k€/year, depending on experience and current affiliation.
- Salary supplements awarded by UC3M based on productivity surveys, starting from 3.5k€/year.
- Salary supplements of 8-10k€/year for the participation in European Projects within the Aircraft
Operations Laboratory (https://aircraftoperationslab.com/).
- Co-supervision of a PhD student to develop research.
- Standard benefits, including Health care under the Spanish National System.
- Estimated contract Start: between March and September 2023, upon negotiation.
- Contract duration: 2 years. Contract extension would be granted upon candidate’s performances.
How to apply: Interested candidates must send their applications to email@example.com (and CC
firstname.lastname@example.org) indicating in the e-mail subject the reference code AERO-23-01. Applications will
consist in a single pdf file including
- A motivation letter describing experience, interests, and future goals, indicating again the reference code
of the preferred position (max. 1 page)
- Curriculum Vitae (max. 6 pages)
- Highlights of the 5 main research contributions (papers, projects, patents, …).
- 2 professional recommendation letters (which authors can send directly to email@example.com, if they prefer)
Deadline: The position will remain open until we find a suitable candidate. Thus, early submissions are encouraged (in this case, just an e-mail with the CV would suffice for an early evaluation of the application).
The Hiring Committee, will analyze the applications and will video-interview the top candidates before taking a decision. Selection and renovation criteria (in Spanish) and members of the Hiring Committee will be made public in UC3M or Department webpage. All the Hiring Committee actions will fulfill UC3M’s HR Excellence Accreditation (HRS4R award) on transparency, gender equality, and equal opportunities.