The Aerospace Engineering Group of the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M, Spain invites applications to fill the position of Assistant Professor.
Desired background and skills
- Field of experience: Aerospace Engineering, with preference given to Air Transportation, Airports, and System Engineering
- PhD holder in Aerospace Engineering or related fields (including, but not limited to, Transportation
- Engineering, Civil Engineering, Control Engineering, Compute Science)
- Some postdoctoral and teaching experience.
- Background complementing strengths at the UC3M Aerospace Engineering Group.
- High, independent research potential.
- Critical thinking, and ability to cope with innovation and interdisciplinarity.
- Teaching and/or coordination of (one of these two branches listed below):
- Airports & Air Transport subjects in the BSc/MSc degrees in Aerospace Engineering.
- Avionics, Critical Software, Autonomous Systems in BSc/MSc degrees in Aerospace Engineering
- 72 hours/semester, including courses and BSc and MSc Theses advising.
- To help consolidate a vigorous and competitive research program in (one of these two branches listed below):
- areas such as airports and aerial transportation engineering.
- areas such as avionics, model based system engineering, including drone platform design & development
- To build competitive proposals for research funding (from regional to European level)
- To publish regularly in high-ranked journals
- To advise PhD Theses.
- All regular management, representation, and dissemination activities of faculty members.
General contractual conditions
- Base gross salary around 30k€/year, depending on experience and current affiliation.
- Salary supplements awarded by UC3M based on productivity surveys.
- Standard benefits, including Health care under the Spanish National System.
- Funds could be provided to hire a PhD student to develop research
- Estimated contract Start: September 2021
- Total duration: 3 years, through renewable 1-year contracts.
How to apply
Interested candidates must send their applications to email@example.com (and CC firstname.lastname@example.org) indicating in the e-mail subject the reference code (i.e., Ref. AERO-21-02). Applications will consist of a single pdf file including
- A motivation letter describing experience, interests, and future goals, indicating again the reference code of the preferred position (max. 1 page)
- Curriculum Vitae (max. 6 pages)
- Highlights of the 5 main research contributions (papers, projects, patents, …).
- 2 professional or academic recommendation letters
The position will remain open until we find a suitable candidate. Thus, early submissions are encouraged (in this case, just an e-mail with the CV would suffice for an early evaluation of the application).
appointed by the Department, will analyze the applications and video-interview the top candidates
before taking a decision. Selection and renovation criteria (in Spanish) and members of the Hiring Committee will be made public in UC3M or Department webpage. All the Hiring Committee actions will fulfill UC3M’s HR Excellence Accreditation (HRS4R award) on transparency, gender equality, and equal opportunities.