Desired background and skills:
• Field of experience: Aerospace Engineering
• PhD holder in Aerospace Engineering or related fields
• Some postdoctoral and teaching experience.
• Background complementing strengths at the UC3M Aerospace Engineering Group (https://aero.uc3m.es/)
• High, independent research potential.
• Critical thinking, and ability to cope with innovation and interdisciplinarity.
• Applications from women are particularly welcome to fill in the gender gap in academic positions.
• Teaching and/or coordination of subjects in the BSc/MSc degrees in Aerospace Engineering
• About 72 hours/semester, including courses and BSc and MSc Theses advising.
• To help consolidating a competitive research program in one area of Aerospace Engineering
• To build competitive proposals for research funding (from regional to European level)
• To publish regularly in high-ranked journals
• To advise PhD Theses.
• All regular management, representation, and dissemination activities of faculty members.
General contractual conditions:
• Base gross salary in the range 30-36k€/year, depending on experience and current affiliation.
• Salary supplements awarded by UC3M based on productivity surveys, starting from 3.5k€/year.
• Co-supervision of a PhD student to develop research.
• Standard benefits, including Health care under the Spanish National System.
• Estimated contract Start: September 2023.
• Contract duration: 2 years.
How to apply:Interested candidates must send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the e-mail subject the reference AERO-23-04.
Applications will consist in a single pdf file including:
• A motivation letter describing experience, interests, and future goals, indicating again the reference code
of the preferred position (max. 1 page)
• Curriculum Vitae (max. 6 pages)
• Highlights of the 5 main research contributions (papers, projects, patents, …).
• 2 professional recommendation letters (which authors can send directly to email@example.com if they prefer)
Deadline: The call will remain open until May 22. Later submissions could be admitted until the selection process is completed.
The Hiring Committee will analyze the applications and will video-interview the top candidates before taking a decision. Selection and renovation criteria (in Spanish) and members of the Hiring Committee will be made public in UC3M or Department webpage. All the Hiring Committee actions will fulfill UC3M’s HR Excellence Accreditation (HRS4R award) on transparency, gender equality, and equal opportunities.